Huawei: there is no evidence Huawei ever implanted any backdoor in its products

Date:

In September 2018, Huawei Pakistan filed for arbitration in District Courts (West), Islamabad against Business Efficiency Solutions (BES) over ongoing contract disputes. This arbitration resulted in an interim relief order in Huawei’s favor. The arbitration process is still ongoing.


We do not comment on ongoing legal cases. Huawei respects the intellectual property of others, and there is no evidence Huawei ever implanted any backdoor in our products.
Advertisement:
A
ccording to Wall Street Journal report, A long-running dispute between Huawei Technologies Co. and a small U.S.-based contractor has escalated to U.S. federal court. The contractor alleges Huawei stole its technology and pressured it to build a “back door” into a sensitive law-enforcement project in Pakistan.

The contractor, Buena Park, Calif.-based Business Efficiency Solutions LLC, or BES, says in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in California district court that Huawei required it to set up a system in China that gives Huawei access to sensitive information about citizens and government officials from a safe-cities surveillance project in Pakistan’s second-largest city of Lahore.
Advertisement:
Muhammad Kamran Khan, chief operating officer of the Punjab Safe Cities Authority, which oversees the Lahore project, said the authority has begun looking into BES’s allegations. “Our team is examining the accusations and sought an explanation from Huawei,” Mr. Khan said in an interview. “We have also put a data security check on Huawei after this issue. So far, there has been no evidence of any data-stealing by Huawei.”

Last September, in comments to The Wall Street Journal, Huawei acknowledged setting up a separate version of the Lahore system in China, but said it was only a test version that was “physically isolated from the customer’s live network.” This made it “impossible for Huawei to extract data from the customer’s live network.”

Advertisement:
The allegations in the suit stemmed from a long-running legal dispute between the companies. Huawei hired BES to provide software and other services to help it win the rights to build Lahore’s safe-city project in 2016. It eventually beat out Western competitors including Motorola Solutions and Nokia Corp. with its bid of $150 million, according to the suit, in which BES is represented by lawyers from Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.

The relationship soured, and Huawei sued BES in Pakistan, where BES also sued Huawei. Those proceedings are ongoing. BES is no longer operational and has no revenue.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/ZuqEN
Yasir Noor Bukhari
Yasir Noor Bukharihttps://taazataren.com/
Syed Muhammad Yasir Noor is a digital media strategist and writer, covering technology, telecom, and business news for TaazaTaren.

ترك الرد

من فضلك ادخل تعليقك
من فضلك ادخل اسمك هنا

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

From Local Startup to Nasdaq Stage: A Global Milestone for Pakistan’s Enterprise

On the giant Nasdaq Tower screen at the heart...

LUMS Policy Dialogue Calls for Evidence-Based Reforms in Girls’ Education and Minority Inclusion

LUMS Policy Dialogue Calls for Evidence-Based Reforms in Girls’...

Pakistan Extends Airspace Ban for Indian Aircraft Until March 23 Amid Persistent Tensions

Pakistan Extends Airspace Ban for Indian Aircraft Until March...

Ramadan 2026: Expected Sehri and Iftar Timings for Pakistan (Fiqa Hanafi & Jafria)

Ramadan 2026: Expected Sehri and Iftar Timings for Pakistan...