Brace yourself for another week of chilly nights and potentially foggy mornings, as the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) predicts stable weather patterns across most of the country.
Punjabis, in particular, will experience a continuation of very cold weather in the plains for the next seven days. Get ready to bundle up! Dense fog could also disrupt the early hours in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and parts of upper Sindh. Residents of the Pothohar region, including Islamabad, and Kashmir should also expect patchy frost and frigid temperatures.
While the lowlands remain dry, Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan will see some welcome precipitation in the form of light rain, accompanied by light snowfall over the mountains, on January 13th, 16th, and 17th.
- Water conservation: Rainfed areas will face continued water stress. Use water judiciously.
- Travel safety: Extra caution is advised for drivers during foggy days. Visibility can be severely reduced.
- Livestock care: Farmers, keep your animals in warm shelters to shield them from the cold.
- Crop management: Adapt your agricultural practices to cope with the prevailing cold weather.
- Fake news alert: The PMD debunks online rumors about snowfall in Punjab’s plains. Don’t be fooled by false information!
Stay updated on weather advisories and adjust your plans accordingly. Bundle up, drive safe, and enjoy the cozy evenings!